Latest News (COVID-19)
15 April 2020
During this lockdown period the Government, retail banks and the Reserve Bank have announced a major financial support package for businesses and home owners affected by the economic impacts of COVID-19. The link below goes into detail on what is available and how it will work. If you would like any further information or guidance with this please don’t hesitate to contact us at 07 872 6444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
25 March 2020
As you will be aware from the government’s latest announcement, we are currently at COVID-19 level 3 and have 48 hours to prepare to move to COVID-19 level 4.
Accordingly, the team at gfa are now working remotely and as far as possible it will be business as usual and we remain available to take calls and emails.
During the level 4 lockdown we will continue to file GST returns, wages processing, payday filing and processing of annual accounts and all the other things we do for you as normal as we can.
We understand that this is such an unknown time for all in businesses and we are here to assist you during this time.
We are here to help you with the various packages that are available from the government. Please find below a link to the Work and Income website where you can apply for business support subsidies. If you are unsure and would like us to apply on your behalf don’t hesitate to contact us. This website will be updated regularly and at the time of writing this we have as much information as you do.
Please be aware of a few points before you apply and the undertakings you are making as part of this. Please note these are the original points and with the recent announcement these are yet to be updated but have been expanded:
- must have experienced a minimum 30% decline in actual or predicted revenue over the period of a month when compared with the same month last year, and that decline is related to COVID-19
- best efforts to retain employees and pay them a minimum of 80% of their normal income for the subsidised period.
- the subsidy is paid as a lump sum and covers 12 weeks per employee.
- the employer has discussed the application with the named employees, who consent to the information in the application
- the employer is aware that they may be audited, and if they provide false or misleading information, they may be investigated for fraud
- the employer will notify if circumstances change that affect their eligibility
- the employer will repay any amount to which they are not entitled
If you have any queries or need any assistance at all please do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help.