Acquisitions and Mergers
There are several scenarios where you might wish to attain a business enterprise. Whatever the situation, GFA Chartered Accountants can remove the stress from the process and maximise the opportunity for you.
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and expertise required. Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated? We ask the right questions and find the required answers.
The services we provide incorporate every stage of the process - From identifying potential acquisitions and negotiating the commercial elements of the transaction to forecasting the future of the business. Our services include:
- A review of your goals and objectives
- Due diligence services
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Advice on potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
- Assistance with purchase negotiations
- Advice on financing
- Assistance with preparing a business plan
Drawing on the skills of professionals reduces your chances of purchasing an unsuitable business. Let GFA Chartered Accountants show you how our experience can save you stress and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be!
As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities of life. Knowing your hard-earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose provides peace of mind.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will is required to perform a number of duties. At gfa Chartered Accountants we are experienced in estate planning and can guarantee no deviation from the succession plan for your assets.
The areas of estate administration we can assist with include:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets - Valuations, inventories, and appraisals
- Court approval for a grant of administration
- Documentation involved in estate planning
- Protecting the assets
- Paying taxes and debts
- Estate distribution
- Administration Act
Farm accounting involves specific business, financial, and taxation issues, and a specialist understanding of the industry. At gfa Chartered Accountants we keep abreast of the developments in both the farming and accounting industries, ensuring we are uniquely placed to provide up-to-date, accurate advice.
Our services include:
- Farm budgeting and cash flows
- Farm sales and purchases
- Ownership structures
- Preparation of financial statements
- Seasonal planning
- Succession planning
Your most valuable business asset is your staff. In recognition of this, and in line with our aim to help you make the most of your business, we provide an HR consulting service. By providing you with the best HR team, we guide you into getting the best from your team.
We can assist in the following key areas:
- Employment Relations:
- Advice on employment agreements, employment legislation, and employee policies and procedures
- Health and Safety:
- Assistance with implementing systems to ensure compliance with legislation
- Training on health and safety
- Assistance with ACC audits
- Recruitment and Selection:
- Assistance with advertising for employees
- Shortlisting and interviewing
- Reference checking
- Psychometric testing
- Support in administering the payroll
- Advice on remuneration levels
- Guidance with incentive and bonus schemes
- Performance Management:
- Assistance in identifying performance measurement criteria
- Training on carrying out performance appraisals
- Guidance for managers in dealing with performance problems
- Strategic HR:
- Aligning HR strategies with business objectives to ensure the development of a team drives the improvement of business performance
- Team Building:
- Implementing personality tests to aid resolution of communication problems
- Team building workshops
- Change Management:
Implementing plans to achieve change in the workplace
Training managers to guide their team throughout the transition phase
Counselling, interview coaching, and other outplacement services
We live in a computerised age where technology enables us to enhance a wide variety of business processes. Use software and hardware effectively can provide enormous benefit to your business.
Here at gfa Chartered Accountants we have embraced computerised systems, ensuring our trained, experienced professionals can:
- Discuss the best system to further your business
- Install and configure software to suit your purposes
- Recommend processes to make your computer system more secure
- Suggest accounting software applications suitable for your business
- Train clients to be self-sufficient users of a range of software applications
- Offer advice on electronic banking
Whether you are thinking about obtaining new computer hardware, or looking at completely changing your business systems, our team is willing and able to assist you.
At gfa Chartered Accountants we have the expertise required to assist you in a variety of areas relating to residential and commercial property. The services we offer our include:
- Advice on purchasing a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance on tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We can provide you with forecasts for:
- Revenue returns
- Financial position
- Potential growth
Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in the business of rental properties!
Achieving a comfortable retirement requires forward planning. You need to consider when you will retire, how much income you need for the retirement you desire, how to acquire that income, what role the government will play, and more.
The friendly team at gfa Chartered Accountants can help you answer these questions and plan for the relaxing retirement you've earned.
Selling a Business
Selling a business can be a difficult, disheartening time, and the tasks involved can seem particularly arduous. At gfa Chartered Accountants we remove the stress from the process.
The services we provide for preparing to sell a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Taking the business to the market
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
- Drafting a contract
Our friendly, professional staff can help you obtain a maximum return for your business.
To ensure the long-term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordinating the transition of your business to your successors can be an arduous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, removing the stress from your shoulders.
Contact us for more information on forming a plan that facilitates a hassle-free continuation of your business!
A trust provides a valuable way of protecting the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others. Our extensive experience with trusts enables us to offer specialist advice on trust formation and ensures all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in trust administration can prove invaluable.
We can assist with:
- Preparing and executing the vital documentation required for trust formation
- Attending to the special requirements involved in reporting for trusts
- Trust administration
- Minute-keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Asset management
- Investment monitoring
- Income distribution
Contact us today to ensure your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements and guaranteed to fulfil its purpose!
Am I getting the best price for the sale of my business? Is the asking price too much? An independent valuation provides you with answers to the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property.
We are trained and experienced in business valuations and can provide you with simple guidelines and formulae to determine the value of your business or property. We can also appear in court or for arbitration as expert witnesses in relation to business valuations.
Choose gfa Chartered Accountants for a professional, accurate valuation service!